Las Vegas ‘Star Trek’ Project Trekking Along

Bringing “Star Trek: The Experience” attraction to a Las Vegas 250,000-square-foot mall called Neonopolis is still on track despite the continuing economic downturn. 

The attraction had been slated to coincide with the May 8 premiere of the “Star Trek” movie but it was called off. 

Neonopolis owner’s representative Rohit Joshi says he’s been working with several consultants to design the attraction which could include more than one ride, a restaurant and bar and a Star Trek museum. 

Joshi, however, won’t give a possible opening date for the attraction in downtown Las Vegas. He says it’s vital all details of the attraction be as faithful as possible to Star Trek history and lore. 

An official with CBS Television Distribution in Los Angeles says the Neonopolis project is still in development and that CBS licensed the rights to the attraction to Joshi’s group.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under entertainment, Las Vegas, news, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s