October 11, 2009 · 9:08 AM
Bringing “Star Trek: The Experience” attraction to a Las Vegas 250,000-square-foot mall called Neonopolis is still on track despite the continuing economic downturn.
The attraction had been slated to coincide with the May 8 premiere of the “Star Trek” movie but it was called off.
Neonopolis owner’s representative Rohit Joshi says he’s been working with several consultants to design the attraction which could include more than one ride, a restaurant and bar and a Star Trek museum.
Joshi, however, won’t give a possible opening date for the attraction in downtown Las Vegas. He says it’s vital all details of the attraction be as faithful as possible to Star Trek history and lore.
An official with CBS Television Distribution in Los Angeles says the Neonopolis project is still in development and that CBS licensed the rights to the attraction to Joshi’s group.
Filed under entertainment, Las Vegas, news, Uncategorized
Tagged as CBS, entertainment, Las Vegas, Las Vegas Backstage Access, Las Vegas entertainment, Las Vegas news, Neonopolis, news, Rohit Joshi, Star Trek, Star Trek Las Vegas attraction, Star Trek museum, Star Trek restaurant, Star Trek: The Experience, trekkies
August 6, 2009 · 7:59 AM
It’s that time of the year again when Trekdom descends upon the Las Vegas Hilton for Star Trek Las Vegas from August 6 though 9, the world’s largest Star Trek convention. William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are slated to appear on Sunday while Christopher Lloyd (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock) will appear on Saturday. New Spock Zachary Quinto will be appearing on Sunday as well. In fact, seventy guests from The Original Series all the way to the J.J. Abrams movie will be on hand.
Convention events include panels, autograph sessions galore, the vendor’s room, performances by various Trek celebrities, video and costume competitions, feasts, lunches and breakfasts with Quinto, Lloyd and many more.
Filed under entertainment, Las Vegas, news, travel, Uncategorized
Tagged as Christopher Lloyd, conventions, entertainment, Las Vegas, Las Vegas Backstage Access, Las Vegas conventions, Las Vegas entertainment, Las Vegas Hilton, Las Vegas news, Leonard Nimoy, news, Star Trek, Star Trek convention, trekkies, William Shatner, Zachary Quinto
March 9, 2009 · 7:20 AM
For ten years, Trekkies made their regular pilgrimages to the Las Vegas Hilton visiting the Star Trek the Experience exhibit. They would belly up to the Quarks bar and meet Borg in a 4-D ride with Captain Kathryn Janeway. True fans would spend hours checking out the exhibits and reviewing the video timelines before embarking on a time-traveling shuttle ride. But with declining attendance and increasing costs, the decision was made by the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company to decommission the Experience on September 1, 2008.
Now, five months later, it has been announced that the Neonopolis, a three-story shopping center at the entrance of The Fremont Street Experience, will be the new home of Star Trek in Las Vegas. Neonopolis current tenants include the Galaxy movie theatres and Jillian’s restaurant.
The Quark-like restaurant and retail shop will hopefully be in business by the planned May 8 opening night of the latest movie in the Star Trek saga. However, the expectation is that the Star Trek museum and rides won’t be ready until 2010.
Filed under entertainment, food, news, travel, Uncategorized
Tagged as Las Vegas, Las Vegas entertainment, Las Vegas news, Las Vegas travel, Leonard Nimroy, movies, Neonopolis, news, Star Trek, trekkies, William Shatner